This week brings turkey, parades, football and family time. Homes across the country will pause and say thanks in some way this week. What about your team? How often are employees given a simply “thank you”? Does it feel like a holiday or is gratitude a way of life to the team?
Thank you. Two words that create some simple math. Companies that value their employees and reward them for a job well done typically have lower turnover rates and higher retention rates. Follow those numbers and it can translate to an average 4% increase in total profitability each year.
So why is it so difficult for leaders to say those two little words that mean so much to employees? Jimmy Fallon reminds viewers each week how easy it is to say “thank you” in his funny Tonight Show segment. Leaders must do the same – it’s critical to your team’s success.
So during this Thanksgiving holiday week, I encourage every leader to pause and say thank you to every member of your team. Without them profits don’t happen and your business becomes like the competition down the street.
If you are at a loss of words, these ten “thank you” statements may help you get started.
- Thank you for being a great role model for everyone around you.
- All bosses would be cool and calm if they had efficient employees like you. Thank you.
- Thank you for bringing your best to work every single day.
- Thank you for being so committed to our team and success.
- Thank you for showing all your colleagues that the pursuit of excellence is worth the effort.
- Thank you for your excellent work and your support. You take away my worries.
- Thanks for being a real asset to the company.
- Thanks for being that employee who assumes leadership regardless of where the boss is.
- Thanks for treating the company’s problems as your own.
- You are the employee that every intern dreams of becoming, every colleague thinks of having and every boss wishes he had. Thank you.
Let the Thanksgiving holiday begin your season of thanks to your team too. Guess what…they will thank you for it! So tell us, what is the best “thank you” you have ever received? Inspire someone and share your story.
We’d love to keep in touch with you. To join the OI community, simply click here!